What we do
My Choice My Support (MCMS) is a Canberra-based service linking people with disability and support workers.
We operate as a hosted staff service to reduce the administrative burden for individuals so they can have greater choice and control over the support they receive.
For people with disability, My Choice My Support provides:
- legal employment of your support worker
- insurances (including worker’s compensation insurance)
- help to recruit your support worker
- help to get started with rostering
- a safety check at your home
- a system for claiming funds from your NDIS plan or invoicing for the services provided
- assistance with resolving issues, if required.
For support worker staff, My Choice My Support provides:
- payroll services
- core training in first aid and manual handling
- a health and safety check at the workplace.
My Choice My Support Inc. commenced operations in 2017. We’re a not-for-profit organisation with the purpose of helping people with disability self-manage their care and support.
We were started by Community Connections, who saw a need for people to be able to engage the support workers they want without having to become an employer.
We are a small, dedicated team proudly building an innovative and personalised service.