Standards and expectations
My Choice My Support only employs suitably trained and qualified support workers. We help people with disability recruit staff with the skills and experience they need.
Before we offer employment, we will:
- review your current qualifications
- conduct an interview, if required
- check your references
- undertake a national police check
- ensure you hold Working with Vulnerable People registration.
What support workers can expect
It is important to minimise risks and ensure everyone involved understands the standards and expectations of care.
My Choice My Support will:
- provide manual handling and first aid training to support staff
- assist you to access additional training that together we have identified as necessary to provide safe high quality support
- employ support workers on casual contracts with no minimum entitlement to work hours
- develop a written service agreement between support workers and their manager
- conduct home safety checks
- provide policies and procedures to both support workers and managers
- review contracts every 12 months.
Your manager will:
- provide an induction
- schedule shifts via the online rostering system
- approve your timesheet
- provide a safe and positive work environment
- provide clear and constructive feedback to you about work performance.
Standards of conduct
All My Choice My Support employees are expected to:
- act with integrity
- act with honesty
- act within the law
- comply with our Code of Behaviour and all policies and procedures
- be accountable for their actions.
Each hour worked by support staff provides credit towards funds for core training, as identified by your manager.